Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Gateway Arch

Today we woke up and had fresh french toast made by Aunt Del. Then we set out to see the confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri River, Chris' Grampa's house, and The Gateway Arch with Uncle Denny and Aunt Del. Mike, Myles, Gavyn, and I went tot he top of the Arch. It was so cool! I felt like I was taller than everything else. When we got back down, Uncle Denny and Aunt Del bought us Gateway Arch Shirts. I was so excited!
Sadly, we had to leave the Arch and Uncle Denny and Aunt Del. We are going to miss them. In Sikeston, Missouri we stopped at Lamberts, the home of throwed rolls. In this restaurant, the waiters come out with big baskets of rolls and throw them across the room at you. It was so awesome! Plus the food was really good.
Finally, around 8 o'clock, we arrived at Kim, Tom, and Logan's house in Memphis, Tennessee. Since then, the boys and Logan (our cousin) have been running around playing with each other. It is so good to see them. Tomorrow Kim and Logan are coming with us on our journey to the Great Smoky Mountains.

3 comments:

  1. You all are missing some HOT weather here in Olympia - it was in the low 90's today and tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful! :) Have fun in the Smokies - I visited those mountains myself when I was about 12 and again at 15.

    Mrs. Herman

    ReplyDelete