Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Kansas, The State of Nothing

I woke up to the wonderful smells of fresh Swedish pancakes, which Vicki made for us for breakfast. They were delicious! After that we had to pack up the car, and after a quick slice of amazing pie, we sadly departed. Then we had to enter Kansas, which is a state full of just rolling wheat fields right?
Wrong. After searching through Chris' travel books, I discovered that Kansas contains the geographical center of the continental United States. So we drove and saw it, which was completely awesome. The boys and I stood on the little raised platform right were the center of the U.S. is. Finally I was in my rightful place, the center of the universe:).
Just a little west of the Center was the worlds largest ball of twine. It had a forty foot circumference! It was a very weird thing to see.
We just arrived at the Holiday Inn Express about an hour ago, and the boys and I walked to McDonald's right across the street to get dinner. Only to discover that they didn't have coke glasses. I am very upset, and it was a bad end to a weird but cool day.

1 comment:

  1. Logan is still on Meds- our bags are not packed- but we are getting excited-
    PS DO NOT look for Dust BAlls--

    ReplyDelete